Rule of Law: Government in all of its actions is bound by rules fixed and announced beforehand - rules which make it possible to forsee with fair certianty how authority will use its coercive powers in given circumstances and to plan one's individual affairs on the basis of this knowledge.
(F.A. Hayek) The Road to Serfdom

Monday, March 3, 2008

Wow what a week!

Holy Cow, I have been through an entirely to stressful week. I have thought that I would be kicked out of law school and at the same time thought that by some miracle, I might just be getting it. It is crazy what kind of roller coaster life takes you on. The emotion of a person can go from high to low almost immediately and change back just as fast. On the bright side I have found a good stress reliever. Dinner with friends is some cool water on a blistering sunburn. It just feels so good. I can't believe that the semester is already half over but I am looking forward to finishing off the first year of law school and saying that I did it. Strange how we are always told to hide our pride but in this case, you may call me boastful. I came into the school thinking that there was no way that I could ever compete with law students and now I know that I am capable of competing with anyone. Please don't misconstrue this shameless bragging with the naivety to believe that I somehow think I am as smart as a good deal of my peers. I do know though, everyone has their strengths and mine is preservation and ingenuity. I don't know how I get things done but when the chips are down, I am learning that I can count on myself. Sorry to get off topic here but I am really excited about the start of the Cubs Season. We only have 29 days to go until opening day and I think this year is going to be a blast. We look like we might have some real offensive threats and the pitching could not turn out to be as horrible as in years past. I just hope that a little bit of speed develops and we can have a true running team. How funny is it that a grown man, one who reads legal mumbo jumbo for fun can find such pleasure in a child's game. I think that might be one of the great secretes of life though. Diversity of interests keeps us young. I appreciate you being patient with me during this busy time but I will begin blogging again a little more frequently now that everything has calmed down. In the mean time, enjoy the day for this one will never come upon you again. Who knows how long any of us will live so savor the days you have.

No comments: