Rule of Law: Government in all of its actions is bound by rules fixed and announced beforehand - rules which make it possible to forsee with fair certianty how authority will use its coercive powers in given circumstances and to plan one's individual affairs on the basis of this knowledge.
(F.A. Hayek) The Road to Serfdom

Monday, May 30, 2011

Law Office of Jonathan W. Cole | The Office is Complete

It has now been a month that I have had access to my new law office and I have been very busy preparing it. There are so many small details that need to be worked out in a law office. Everything in the office I have done myself, of course with the help of family as well. I had no "professionals" in the office to do anything. There are two reasons I did this. First and foremost, I am sure that everything is done right. There was no cutting corners, no cheap way out. I know that if something is in the office, it is properly installed and properly working. The second reason is cost. The money that I save on the cost of preparing the office, I can pass along to clients. I am extremely happy with the way the office has turned out. Everything from the colors of the office, to my logo, to the cable have been put in properly. I would briefly like to comment on a few things that are special about my office that may not be a part of another law firm.

Technology - In order to ensure that the private information of my clients stays private, I have installed cat-5 line throughout the office. By having personal high speed line in the office, no private data is transferred wirelessly. This reduces the ability of both the government and thieves to snatch clients confidential information from the air. Additionally, my wireless network is uniquely set up with a cisco small business router. The advantage of this router is that the MAC address of any device that is allowed on the network must be manually entered by me. This prevents back hacking or a close proximity wireless attack. Additionally, my server itself is password protected to prevent any prying eyes who may be in my office to "stumble across" client data from my networked computers. In addition to these safeguards, there are a few additional technology safeguards, which will remain secret, that also help client information stay confidential.

Location - I looked for a long time before selecting the location of 5013 W 95th Street, Oak Lawn, IL 60453 for my location. There were a number of factors involved in selecting an office. First, my office had to provide me easy access to public transportation downtown. I am located one block away from the Metra train for Oak Lawn. This train will bring me downtown in no time, so that I can handle a client matter and be back at the office. This ease will reduce the transportation costs on my clients and allow me to get more work done throughout the day. Next, the location needed to have ample parking for clients to access the office. Additionally, the parking had to be close enough to the office to be accessible to those who are handicapped. My next consideration was ease to public transportation. I already spoke about my ease to the train, but just across the street is a bus stop for all West Bound buses on 95th St. Additionally, there is a bus stop for East Bound buses at the end of the block. This will give my clients easy access to my office. The final consideration was a location that would be convenientent for clients to come to. My location is close to a number of restaurants, an accountant, bakery, cleaners, and bank. Clients can easily stop by the office and get the rest of the errands done for they day the need. These reasons were all factored into the equation and my current office was the best fit.

 I have blabbed on enough for this post. Please feel free to leave questions or comments in the section below. If you have any legal questions, please call my law office or leave a message through my website by clicking on Oak Lawn Attorney. Thanks for reading and good luck on your legal problem.

 Jonathan W. Cole

No comments: