Rule of Law: Government in all of its actions is bound by rules fixed and announced beforehand - rules which make it possible to forsee with fair certianty how authority will use its coercive powers in given circumstances and to plan one's individual affairs on the basis of this knowledge.
(F.A. Hayek) The Road to Serfdom

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Feeling better but who knows what the future holds?

Although there are tired eyes, and unknown concepts, I can't help but be happy knowing that I honestly feel good about my efforts over this semester. I did OK so far and now all I have to do is trust my ability's and give it my best shot. I have found that good grades are a lot like air. It is not all that important unless you aren't getting any. Strange to see how in the absence of good grades some of us loose the ability to function. All of us here have generally done well our whole lives. Now in the face of increased competition, is is a mathematical certainty that 50% of us will be in the lower half of the class. This is the big leagues, get used to not being the best. I too struggle with the concepts but I think I am over the mental block and have accepted that my best is going to make me happy. No matter what I get on these finals, I will still be proud of the person looking back in the mirror.

No comments: