Rule of Law: Government in all of its actions is bound by rules fixed and announced beforehand - rules which make it possible to forsee with fair certianty how authority will use its coercive powers in given circumstances and to plan one's individual affairs on the basis of this knowledge.
(F.A. Hayek) The Road to Serfdom

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Dinner and Conversation

I had some friends over last night for dinner and the evening turned out pretty well. I wish they could have gotten an accurate portrayal of my cooking but I don't think the food killed any of them. I guess I will know on Mon. It is interesting to see how relationships develop where you wouldn't guess they would. Despite varying backgrounds of people, friendships can develop under the right circumstances. Life is funny that way. Every once in a while you need to have your life stirred up to see all the good that is out there. Everyone is not like the people in the cases we read. City and country have more in common when you peel away the facade

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jonathan,

I am sure dinner was great and Monday morning will find everyone breathing. I have subscribed now so I will be looking for more from you as time allows. Your biggest fan.