Rule of Law: Government in all of its actions is bound by rules fixed and announced beforehand - rules which make it possible to forsee with fair certianty how authority will use its coercive powers in given circumstances and to plan one's individual affairs on the basis of this knowledge.
(F.A. Hayek) The Road to Serfdom

Monday, October 22, 2007

Feeling Good About Myself

Monday again. Unlike most Monday's today went easy. I didn't find any of the cases or classes to challenging. Who's to say I got it right, but I guess sometimes you just need to trust yourself. Although I am never sure how I will be here in January, I have a reneued sense that I can make it. I think that once you let yourself relax, your understanding of the material comes just a little easier. Of course, have good friends never hurt either. I was thinking about my friend Chris a lot this week. I am sure he feels a lot of the same anxiety that I do. Getting married must be both a stress and a joy. Maybe the key is just to enjoy the ride.
That enjoyment is hard though. I have always considered myself a control freak. I know it is a part of me so it should be something I could let go. Personal understanding can create growth. Somehow, I must not want to let go. I guess that might be why I am who I am. Who knows, maybe moderation will find me, maybe not. How does one let go. To some it comes so easy and to others, the fear of losing control is a fate unspeakable. Mearly the word brings comfort to me, much like free market. How can a series of words bring so much comfort when only ideas. Even if the words never materialize, The mere thought of them soothes the soul. Well I had better wrap up this thought and get back to the real work. Remember, only in your mind can true success be celebrated. No one else can appreciate you accomplishment more than yourself.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hello Jonathan,

I must say I am sitting here crying after reading your blog...happy tears though!

I am so proud of you Jonathan! You write so nicely. You WILL succeed at SIU.

Also, the picture of you and Grandpa is beautiful. One of my favorite pics. Even though we all grow individually everyday without him, we can't hardly forget our roots.

I am glad to see everything is going well. This is a nice way for me to check up with your life in law school. I appreciate you doing this. I will respond back with a quick comment always as well. May not be written as well as yours but you will understand it...hehe!

Linnea has orchestra pit on Saturday from 8am-5pm. We will try calling you after she gets home. She has a lot to catch you up on...she's doing great! By the way, I believe her new math class is going better as well.

I will talk with you then. I sure miss ya. Can't wait until Nov. 17-18th. Talk with you over the weekend. Love you very much!
Wendy