Rule of Law: Government in all of its actions is bound by rules fixed and announced beforehand - rules which make it possible to forsee with fair certianty how authority will use its coercive powers in given circumstances and to plan one's individual affairs on the basis of this knowledge.
(F.A. Hayek) The Road to Serfdom

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Break

There is a short break between classes today so I am writing twice. Everything is begining to wind down here. There is the Comparative Health Law final tommorow. This final shoud be an hour and fifteen minutes. Our cottages washing machine is broken so I carried my laundy up to Naila's cottage and did some laundy today. There is still more to do but it is a good start. The cottage is still a mess so if I get some time tonight I plan on doing a little cleaning. I am begining to look forward to London. I don't know how much time we will be spending with the others from SIU but hopefully we will see them there. I still would like to get something from Dingle but I haven't found anything that tickles my fancy. Life is ok here. Time is just flying by. Between studying and adjusting to life in Europe there is not much time to catch yourself. I feel like life is a constant sprint. There is no down time. I am constantly walking up and down hills so I am tired from that. But I think I am just begining to grow accustomed to them. I miss the food at home. I am very tired of eating Ramen Noodles and Eggs. That is a staple diet of Law Students abroad. I am begining to wonder how much of the things we do the best option. I feel like we never have a chance to be normal. Plus a month long trip is too long to be always on the go. We need some down time. This is not like a normal trip. So hopefully that time comes soon. But I doubt it. We have 3 days left here, then 3 days in London, Then 5 or so days in Galway, Then 5 or so Days in Dublin, Then 6 Days in Barcelona. The time never is found to relax. I don't have much more to say about today. Hopefully tommorow will be less eventful.

No comments: