Rule of Law: Government in all of its actions is bound by rules fixed and announced beforehand - rules which make it possible to forsee with fair certianty how authority will use its coercive powers in given circumstances and to plan one's individual affairs on the basis of this knowledge.
(F.A. Hayek) The Road to Serfdom

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Almost done with Galway

So here I am in class. DBI and my eyes are almost closed. We went to the court here this morning and heard some evdienciary hearing. The case was about an employee who stole about 2,000 gallons of Gas from his company and was being prosecuted for theft. It was interesting but similar to court in the US. Tonight I have no idea what I am doing, but tommorow we are going to the cliffs of moore. I think it should be a fun time. Nice to look at cliffs in a different region. I have to do Laundry tonight so who knows what else I will be able to get in. I am looking forward to the end of the program and getting off to Spain. I can't wait to get on our own and finally not rely on the disorganized group. I have to go becasue I am in class. Love you all and tlak to you tommorow.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Jon,

I am glad to hear you were able to attend the courts...I thought maybe that wouldn't work out by your other messages.

I am sure the Cliffs of Moore will be beautiful...and yes different than cliffs here. Take pictures!

When do you leave for Spain? I am sure your looking forward to some down time. It will be nice to be strictly a tourist.

Everything is well here. Logan had a great baseball game today...Palos Travel Team. The Palos team was down 1 run, last inning, 2 outs, man on 2nd and 3rd, Logan is up to bat. He hit a hard grounder, the player fumbled the ball...two runs scored. Palos won the game on Logan's hit! Very exciting! He also found out today that he made the Palos July travel ball. He was happy about that too.

Linnea is packed for San Antonio...I think if it was up to her she would have been packed a month ago. She is sooo excited.

Not too much else...I look forward to hearing your next blog. I look at it everyday! Miss ya & Love ya!

Wendy