Rule of Law: Government in all of its actions is bound by rules fixed and announced beforehand - rules which make it possible to forsee with fair certianty how authority will use its coercive powers in given circumstances and to plan one's individual affairs on the basis of this knowledge.
(F.A. Hayek) The Road to Serfdom

Monday, June 16, 2008

Hello From Spain

Hello Everyone,

I am writing for two reasons. First to tell you that I am here and everything is ok. Second, there is no visible effect from the strike. Si we are safe and having a good time. We are having a little bit of a hard time navagating the city because the streets are really narrow and dificult to know. Additionally, it is not a gridded city. Plus none of the streets are labeled, Sometimes there is a sign on a building but there names are so messed up it is difficult to find what you are looking for. We are having a good time here. I am pretty sick. I am congested and having a hard time shaking it. I went to the pharmacy and got some product by vics that you ingest. I have been taking it but it is about as helpful as a glass of water. The city is really nice but it is also really dirty. I miss you all a whole bunch and can't wait to get home ot see you. I will see you all next friday. I will NOT be writing again because we are paying 12 euro's a night for the internet and as a moral principal we will not do this again. We walked tonight to look for a McDonalds becasue they have free internet there. 1.5 hours later, no McDonalds. Plus we have seen pickpockets galore. In fact we helped identify one to the police who was trying to take the wallet out of a womans purse. So we don't plan on taking out laptops with in the day to send emails. Also, they are heavy to carry around and it is warm here. So please don't think I am trying to be rude but I am just being practical and a smart traveller. If there is a problem we will write again. Plus, an Internet cafe is perhaps far and wide between. We found one, but it looked pretty shady, there was 2 terminals, and each had an interesting man looking up stuff. So we have been avoiding those types of places. Well, I am gunna try to get some sleep as we have a bug day tommorow. Hope all is well, and Lorri, I got you email. I am glad to hear you are doing well and sorry about your window. Love you all. Hope you are as safe as I am.

Jonathan

No comments: