Rule of Law: Government in all of its actions is bound by rules fixed and announced beforehand - rules which make it possible to forsee with fair certianty how authority will use its coercive powers in given circumstances and to plan one's individual affairs on the basis of this knowledge.
(F.A. Hayek) The Road to Serfdom

Monday, June 9, 2008

Class In Dublin

SO the classroom facilities are the best here in Dublin. That is no suprise though. The class room isn't too warm and there is an outlet at every spot. So I am pleased with the way that things are set up. Additionally, the class doesn't seem to be that bad but the reading for today was atrocious. 70 pages. I really can't retain all of the material so hopefully I don't get called on too much. Tonight, there are a few of us going on a literary pub crawl. This should be fun but it will leave absolutly no time for reading. I am a little concerned with class tommorow. But thats life. Tommorow night and afternoon I plan on going to the collage bookstore and buying myself a few items with the schools name on it. I think that would be fun. Then later I might do some laundry to last me through the end of Spain? At least that is the hope. Then the next night we have the courts and the dinner and then Thursday I need to study for my last final and pack up a little. I leave out of Dublin on Sat. So Fri, a good deal of people are planning to go out. I hope to have everything done to join them. Well, that is the scoop from here. I miss you all very much. The time in Ireland is really winding down. Hopefully, I can enjoy whats left of it. Love, Jonathan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there,
Sounds like Dublin like a breath of fresh air, or maybe I should say like a good shot of whiskey. It certainly makes me happy to hear you sounding happy. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself at the Jameson factory; I didn’t even know you liked whiskey. Then again, you are always surprising me. I think you made the right choice at the Guinness factory. I can only imagine the surprise you might have gotten had you added that to the Jameson already in your stomach. I am happy to hear they Irish are smart enough to recognize a real gem when they see one, awarded the Best Leader by the Director of the Trip, what a great honor. I am very proud of you, of course I have every confidence in your ability to do anything you set your mind to be it making your way around the Dingle Peninsula, completing your JD requirements or following your dreams and becoming a practicing international lawyer, your tenacity always see you through.
Life in the homeland has been Hot and Wet, but not in that order. We have had several very warm days however even the temperate ones have been wet. Perhaps god is trying to give us a feel for Ireland. Whatever the reason the weather has been none to pleasant, over the weekend there were tornado warnings and just south from Richton park to Lansing lots of damage..
The Cole Bed and Breakfast seems to be going along without a hitch. Who knew they even allow pets (like there was ever a doubt.) With Linnea gone this week Grandma and Logan will be able to send so quality time together.
I am doing fine nothing new to report and you know what they say…no news is good news. I am missing you. I am looking forward to hearing you. That said, keep having fun, stay safe and when you get a chance…study. Know that I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Mom
xoxox