Rule of Law: Government in all of its actions is bound by rules fixed and announced beforehand - rules which make it possible to forsee with fair certianty how authority will use its coercive powers in given circumstances and to plan one's individual affairs on the basis of this knowledge.
(F.A. Hayek) The Road to Serfdom

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Well, The Inner Thoughts of Jon?

I have two things to say tonight before I go to bed. It is not almost 11:30 here. I have been reading like a mad man and thought I would share with you my feelings. First, I have to say that a little part of me is home sick and I feel really fortunate to know that I have people at home who have me in there thoughts. That sure makes living on the other side of the planet much easier. Second, I now know that I could do this professionally. I know that I don't ever want to live abroad but I could go abroad for a month and set up a company or litigate a problem without any feelings of mortification. I think that I am not so much of a free sprit but I am certianly not afraid of leaving my comfort zone. I know now that I am a different person than who I was as a child. One who was timid, and quiet. I have been awarder the Best Leader by the Director of the Trip and I know that I have the highest esteem of my collegues. This is a satisfying feeling. SOmetomes when you are the farthest from youself you can see yourself the best. I like what I see. Well, before my ego takes over the rest of the page I should share the day with you. Today I went and say the Book of Kells at Trinity College. Very Neat. I was impresssed with the craftsmenship and "Penmanship" of those monks. I certianly could not handle that position. I can barely read my own writing. Next we went to the Jameson Factory and got a tour. How awesome. This tour was excellent. Plus, I got selected as one of the 6 testers and got to try 6 whiskeys and compare and learn about the taste of them. Naila and Sarah took pictures that they said they will send me. This was a real treat to be selected for this part. Plus we all got a free shot of Jameson. So needless to say the tour was absoutly fantastic. There really is a big difference between whiskeys. I even have a certificate to prove that I was taught the differences. We then went to the Guiness factory and learned how guiness was made. At the end of the tour we had the oppertunity to either drink lots of Guiness or take a seminar on how to properly pour a Guiness. We chose the seminar and so I am not certified to pour Guiness as well. Not quite as cool but I am glad we did this tour. I think some of the lack luster was spoiled for Guiness becasue I did my MBA at Spaten Brau. The german brewery. We then caught a cab to a Bank...yes Bank which was converted to a restraunt. Man was dinner good. I had a Breakfast for dinner. They basically brought me a mountian of meats. Evey type of sausage, and bacon you can imagine. Then I finished all of that and still found a little room for some cheesecake to slide in the cracks. Great Grandma was right. Always room. Well My roomates are ling asleep and I probably should finish the reading and go to bed as well. I guess they are planning not to read. I am just too afraid to do that. So I love you all, btw these room mates are much better. We have two who are not so great but they are just annoying, not partiers or dirty. There are six of us here in a sweet. Thanks for all of your writing and everything. It is a nice comfort to hear what is going on at home. I am sure Linnea will have a great time, Logan will fire that ball to the catcher, Mom's work will get better, Wendy and Steve's lives will get a routine and the permit passed, and Lorri will be having fun now that school is over. I am really looking forward to the days ahead. I just hope I can keep my head of Steam for a little while longer. We have a Court here in Doublin to go to and a dinner at the Dublin Law Society. Plus I want to go to the ift shop and buy a shirt that says UCD. The students here don't wear there school shirts much though. Hopefully there are some to buy.
I miss you all and can't wait to fill you in on a month of activities. For you all, I am usually away, for me this was an Adventure. One which has some crazy stories that need telling. Can't wait to share. Love, Jonathan

No comments: