Rule of Law: Government in all of its actions is bound by rules fixed and announced beforehand - rules which make it possible to forsee with fair certianty how authority will use its coercive powers in given circumstances and to plan one's individual affairs on the basis of this knowledge.
(F.A. Hayek) The Road to Serfdom

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The next location

These classroom facilities are great, Unfortunatly, the room is 100 degrees. All of the laptops are like a sauna. Yesterday I got to Skype with some of you, hopefully that trend can continue. I am sorry to hear about logans team. Proud of both of the kids grades and looking forward to the driving experience. I am happy to see that the big league cubs are doing so well. Maybe I need to stay in europe. Professor Buys is finally here. I am so Glad to see her. I am between classes here so I can't write much more but it was nice to finally talk to you. I miss you all much and hope you guys are all still doing well. I am strangly looking forward to the end of the trip becasue the workload is way...way more than normal law school and I never read what is assigned. There just is not enough hours. Well, Prof Buys said I should spend more time partying, I am too serious. So that is what I am doing this afternoon. I hear this is a neat place that is 800 years old that I am going to. I also want to get a little shopping done. Love you all

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Jonathan,

100 degrees in the classroom, YUCK! That's damn HOT! It has been pretty warm here too. Not that hot, but in the 80's a few days...and very humid. We can't open our new windows in the house because we don't have screens or handles...so it's been pretty warm in the house too. The heat makes it hard to work in here...

I am glad to hear Prof Buys is there now...I am sure that alone will add a lot of positive feeling to life in Europe. A friendly, familiar, and encouraging face is always welcome. Maybe you should take her advice...enjoy life in Europe a little more. Yes, you are very serious! There is nothing wrong with letting your hair down a little while in Europe. You don't have too much to let down so I know you won't get into too much trouble. hehehe!!!

800 year old pub/restaraunt? That sounds really cool. I can't wait to hear what it was like. I hope you can relax and enjoy the afternoon...who are you going with? Is Prof Buys going too?

Yes, the Chicago Cubs are doing awesome...very exciting. They won again last night against San Diego. The Boike's from our team went to San Diego for the game...what a fun game to attend. The Chicago Cubs have won eight games in a row. Our Palos Cubs families are all going to see the Chicago Cubs on 9/2. It should be a lot of fun...can you imagine if they clinch the division then. It could happen...how fun that would be. Although I shouldn't get too excited yet we all know the Chicago Cubs. At any rate, I am sure we will all have a good time. Grandma is coming along with us too. The families on this team are really great. Much better than last year. This Saturday, 6/7 one of the families is having the team at their home for a pool party. It should be a good time.

I am sorry I missed you on Skype...I had office work for Steve that I had to have done by 5:00pm. Linnea said it was nice to hear and see you. Although, she said you had a quite large mouth when you yawned. I guess you expressed your exhaustion with a large yawn and the computer picture froze... She said you looked pretty funny! She did enjoy seeing you.

Well, I think I finally know how to send blog replies. I seem to be able to send them now with ease...hehehe! See you had to go all the way to Europe to learn something new...I am sooo far behind you... I learned something new right here in my basement. Shows you how smart you are... I am so proud of you. Your doing great. Enjoy your days there. I look forward to hearing about your afternoon "partying". Love you,
Wendy