Rule of Law: Government in all of its actions is bound by rules fixed and announced beforehand - rules which make it possible to forsee with fair certianty how authority will use its coercive powers in given circumstances and to plan one's individual affairs on the basis of this knowledge.
(F.A. Hayek) The Road to Serfdom

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Trouble in Barca City

I don't know if you have heard the news, but Spain is in the Middle of a Major Strike. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7444121.stm There could be no gas by the end of the week and some people are worried about the stores running out of food. So I am a little cocerned about going on that leg of the trip. Apperiantly, the striking truckdrivers are circling up around the major cities to ensure that non-striking drivers can't get through either. They even are confiscating goods in cars if they are loaded up. So that is the world news from here. Last night I went on a literary pub crawl. It was quite an adventure. I enjoyed it a lot and had a great oppertunity to talk to some people. So I am really glad I went. Tommorow I am going to the courts and then to a dinner at the law society. I am looking forward to it but I will need to be in a suit all day and downtown. SO hopefully it is a little cooler day than today. It is weird that it is warmer here than in Barca. Well, I need to study becasue I have a test on Thurs, and a Test on Fri. SO I plan on studying all evening. I bought a sweatshirt and a Tie from the collage bookstore. 74.00 Euros. WHich is like 110.00 dollars. So i am feeling a little taken advantage of but I will only study here once. So i better do it now.Well, that is all the major news from here. Hopefully, I can spend more time talking to you all later. Love, Jonathan

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Gosh Jon you just can't get a break...

No, I did not hear about the strike in Spain. Don't you just wish everyone in the world would do their job! I know I do! It makes our lives so hectic and frustrating when people just don't do their job.

Keep us posted on your plans for Spain...

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the literary pub crawl...and it is wonderful to hear you had an opportunity to speak with others...another great experience.

OH MY GOSH, the world has come crashing down...YOU NEED TO BE IN A SUIT ALL DAY! What can be worse than that...certainly not a trucking strike in Spain, nor smoking roommates! I think you can handle it...losen your tie if you feel you can't breathe...hehe!

Good luck on your exams this week...I am sure you will do great.

All is well here...I think we may try and open the pool this weekend. Hopefully it won't turn into a circus act. With not too much going on with the house...we thought it would be the best weekend to tackle it. Logan has a few baseball games but that is it...I hope it runs smooth.

Well, I will try and write again soon. Love you lots...it won't be long now and you will be back in Palos living with a senior, 2 crazy parents, a teenager, an addicted little league baseball player, and 2 creatures full of hair and long tongues... Spain doesn't sound so bad after all, does it?

Love you and miss ya,
Wendy

Unknown said...

Hey there,

I hope finals are going well and that you are not having to spend so much time studying that you are unable to spend time enjoying Dublin. It sounds like you are enjoying your time there and are getting to experience some of the local flavor along with the normal tourist attractions. I am wondering if your tickets to Spain could be changed and perhaps you could spend time in Ireland or maybe back to England or over to another country that is not having the kind of problems that Spain is having now. If you think it is at all possible and need someone on this end to contact the travel agent or something I am sure between all of us we could get that done for you.
I am doing fine. I’m still very busy at work but, that is good as it keeps me employed. My computers have both now crashed so I do not have access at the moment at home, however, I am working on getting something up and running soon. As a result I am only able to write to you from work hence the brevity. Please know it is not because I don’t have you on my mind. Love you, enjoy yourself, study hard, STAY SAFE!!! Have fun and we will be seeing you very soon (can you believe it is almost over?)

Love,
Mom
xoxoxo