Rule of Law: Government in all of its actions is bound by rules fixed and announced beforehand - rules which make it possible to forsee with fair certianty how authority will use its coercive powers in given circumstances and to plan one's individual affairs on the basis of this knowledge.
(F.A. Hayek) The Road to Serfdom

Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Big Dance and Music

Good Morning family and other readers. I am so Dissapointed in the Cubs. You have let me down. No 10 game streak. Well, we are still in first. On to yesterday. We had class and then came home for some homework. I ate dinner at home yesterday and had soup and a sandwich. It wasn't the worst dinner ever. Then we went to a pub that plays local music. That was a blast. We listened to music till 12 and went on to a club. Supposedly, it was gunna be an 80's music place but Justin Timberlake was played. I think he was 8 in the end of the 80's. We had a good time anyway. It was really neat becasue there was like 20 of us who went including 4 professors. It is nice to see their awkward dancing both at the pub and the 80's club. It was like watching them shadowbox. So now we are in class and the class is DBI doing business in Ireland. The professor is attempting to teach a combination of Law and Business and is being a jack of all trades and a master of none to put it nicely. He has said so many wrong business terms and concepts it is disgusting. I am so glad I have my International MBA becasue I would look like a fool if I listened to him. Well, I am getting a kick out of the class. He really should stick to the reading material. The professor yesterday was saying incorrect things as well. So I know I am really learning the material. I don't think I am getitng a big head but I feel like I know more about this field than they do. They really should have brough along a business professor for the business secions and they could have taught the law sections. In any case, I am feeling pretty good for getting in at 3 in the morning.
2 Days ago I bought a small Picture from a local Photographer of the cliffs of Moher. I am Thinking I will get it framed and put it im my bathroom down at school It was a little expensive (10 euro) for a picture but I really liked it. I am really excited about moving on to Dublin. Unfortunatlly I have forgotten to buy Pins here for Ireland so I will have to buy pins in Dublin. Don't want to leave my hat out. When I get home you will have to ask me about the Irish Guy in my class. He is a real trip. Today we are going to the cliffs after class. Then we leave tommorow after class. Well that is all from here for today. I don't know what my situation will be in Dublin so we will have to see. Talk to you tommorow.
P.S. I might be able to SKYPE tonight, or this afternoon for you. 2-3 your time. Love ya.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello there Mr. World Traveler….sound like you are really getting to see some beautiful sights.
Things here are going well. I have been very busy here at work and so I have been working overtime and have not had much time to write to you. I am going to have to use this weekend to catch up on laundry and house cleaning etc. so, I will try to write more then.
Spain is just a short time away now but don’t write off Dublin in your anticipation of Spain. Enjoy Dublin as well. It should have a good deal to offer.
In the meantime know that I am reading your blog everyday and thinking of you every moment. Study hare…have fun and most of all stay safe.
Loving you,
Mom
xoxoxo

Wendy said...

Hi Jon,

I thought I would write you real quick before I go to bed. I just got done packing some more it's 1:05am...

We are planning on moving into Grandma's house tomorrow, Friday. All the dishes, towels, and food are now packed...so I guess that means we must go too. Steve is going to stay living here at night. Only because the house is not real secure. Where they knocked down the fireplace and cut out the wall to the basement...it is only being closed up with a piece of plywood and a couple nails. Once the frame is up and the house is "solid" he will sleep at Grandma's too.

It is SOOO hot here...today it was over 90 and HUMID! I am telling you... even if my food wasn't packed...I don't think I could stay here much longer. The dust sticks to your body when you sweat...YUCK! I am such a princess...I need my air conditioning...Gosh, I hope Grandma has it turned on! Come to think of it...I never asked her.

We also had concession stand duty tonight for PBO. Jason Parson (the lawyer on the team) worked with us...I kind of mentioned that you were going to school and can always use some advise or a JOB! hehe! I will talk with him again if I ever get the chance...maybe at the team swim party this Saturday.

This Wednesday is the PBO Thunderbolts game. It is always a good time...I am really looking forward to the game. It's always a great time. The whole team bought tickets and Grandma and Aunt Lorri are going too! Should be fun!

Well, we are still waiting for our foundation survey to be approved. The city told me today that it could take a MINIMUM of 1 week. It's one piece of paper...I don't understand why it takes so long. The builder was hoping to start framing the house on Monday...as you can hear that is not happening. I am losing my patience with the city...they are as disorganized as the program you are in...

Well, it may be difficult for me to reply to your blogs once we are living at Grandma's... I will do my best...

I hope all is well. Enjoy! Relax a little, and savor the moment. This really is a once in a lifetime experience...

Love you and miss ya,
Wendy

XOXO